Regular Booth readers know that up-and-coming NJ emcee Voli is seemingly incapable of speaking anything but honest, passionate rhymes; you’ll find no racks on other racks here. Readers also know that when it comes to creative production you’d be hard pressed to do better than ATL production crew SMKA. Bring the two together and you get a combination the likes of which we haven’t seen since vodka first met cranberry. More specifically we get the worldwide premiere of Righteous Remain, a record even the completely numb should be able to feel. SMKA sets the pace with a piano driven and haunting beat containing an unidentified sample (can anyone name it?) and Voli grabs the baton with verses that drive Righteous’ emotional impact home: when he says “this is my soul” we have no choice but to believe him. Righteous Remains, along with plenty more dopeness (like previous leak Money Comes Fast from Jon Connor) can be found on the upcoming The Report mixtape, presented by DJBooth and SMKA and sponsored by Beat Kangz. It all goes down Wednesday, June 22, mark your calendars.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.