Regular Booth readers know that up-and-coming NJ emcee Voli is seemingly incapable of speaking anything but honest, passionate rhymes; you’ll find no racks on other racks here. Readers also know that when it comes to creative production you’d be hard pressed to do better than ATL production crew SMKA. Bring the two together and you get a combination the likes of which we haven’t seen since vodka first met cranberry. More specifically we get the worldwide premiere of Righteous Remain, a record even the completely numb should be able to feel. SMKA sets the pace with a piano driven and haunting beat containing an unidentified sample (can anyone name it?) and Voli grabs the baton with verses that drive Righteous’ emotional impact home: when he says “this is my soul” we have no choice but to believe him. Righteous Remains, along with plenty more dopeness (like previous leak Money Comes Fast from Jon Connor) can be found on the upcoming The Report mixtape, presented by DJBooth and SMKA and sponsored by Beat Kangz. It all goes down Wednesday, June 22, mark your calendars.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.