If you guys partook in a Thanksgiving feast similar to mine, you’re probably still suffering from a food coma (damn you, turkey and gravy). Thankfully for us, Voli, the New Jersey artist who just took us to The Funeral, is back and ready to restore our collective energy after the gluttonous holiday with his extremely gifted, Stress. Anyone who’s been feeling the weight of the sinking economy with the upcoming holiday season can relate to the Freestyle Series alum as he speaks on the personal hardships he faces in his journey to become a successful artist, with lines like, “..then most of our salaries go back to paying for collge/ now we back to stay with our mammas, either that or wait for the tax break from Obama.” Even more impressive is the fact that Voli also beefs up his production resume with a mesmerizing beat that compliments his bars and vocals perfectly. If you’re feeling this form of stress (the much better kind, I might add), be sure to keep a lookout for his as-yet untitled EP, dropping the first quarter of 2011.
Written by Sigurd on 11/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.