Whether due to the listening public’s love for Renaissance men, the cost-efficiency of having a performer wear multiple hats or some other factor beyond my ken, the industry seems to be trending heavily towards artists that can rap, sing, produce, write and play on their own records. That being the case, you can consider Voli a State of the Art hip-hopper par excellence. On this freshly-released promo single, a remixed version of the Wally de Backer beat that backed Gotye‘s 2011 record of the same title serves as a reggae-informed backdrop for verses detailing the multiplicity of tasks that take up Voli’s typical week. In addition to delivering flowed verses, he showcases his vocal chops by accompanying the Belgian-Austrian singer on the chorus. An official video built from kitschy, retro stock footage completes the package. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project but, as always, those feeling State of the Art can keep their browsers locked for the latest from the Nouveau Classique signee.
Written by richard on 10/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.