Whether due to the listening public’s love for Renaissance men, the cost-efficiency of having a performer wear multiple hats or some other factor beyond my ken, the industry seems to be trending heavily towards artists that can rap, sing, produce, write and play on their own records. That being the case, you can consider Voli a State of the Art hip-hopper par excellence. On this freshly-released promo single, a remixed version of the Wally de Backer beat that backed Gotye‘s 2011 record of the same title serves as a reggae-informed backdrop for verses detailing the multiplicity of tasks that take up Voli’s typical week. In addition to delivering flowed verses, he showcases his vocal chops by accompanying the Belgian-Austrian singer on the chorus. An official video built from kitschy, retro stock footage completes the package. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project but, as always, those feeling State of the Art can keep their browsers locked for the latest from the Nouveau Classique signee.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.