Whether due to the listening public’s love for Renaissance men, the cost-efficiency of having a performer wear multiple hats or some other factor beyond my ken, the industry seems to be trending heavily towards artists that can rap, sing, produce, write and play on their own records. That being the case, you can consider Voli a State of the Art hip-hopper par excellence. On this freshly-released promo single, a remixed version of the Wally de Backer beat that backed Gotye‘s 2011 record of the same title serves as a reggae-informed backdrop for verses detailing the multiplicity of tasks that take up Voli’s typical week. In addition to delivering flowed verses, he showcases his vocal chops by accompanying the Belgian-Austrian singer on the chorus. An official video built from kitschy, retro stock footage completes the package. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project but, as always, those feeling State of the Art can keep their browsers locked for the latest from the Nouveau Classique signee.
Written by richard on 10/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.