On New Jersey native Voli’s latest released record Inferno, the musician proclaims that he’s a unique blend of Kanye West, Sting, Bob Marley, Nas, Daft Punk and Big Pun. How about that for an amazingly rare combination of artists? While you may not be able to pinpoint each of those artists in Voli’s latest offering, their influence are all clearly on display. The DJBooth regular pulls triple duty on Inferno, providing the song with its slightly ominous production in addition to rapped and sung vocals. Feeling this self-proclaimed Kanye-Marley-Big Pun hybrid? Then grab up Voli’s The Wall Sampler project, which was released for free download at the top of the month.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.