On New Jersey native Voli’s latest released record Inferno, the musician proclaims that he’s a unique blend of Kanye West, Sting, Bob Marley, Nas, Daft Punk and Big Pun. How about that for an amazingly rare combination of artists? While you may not be able to pinpoint each of those artists in Voli’s latest offering, their influence are all clearly on display. The DJBooth regular pulls triple duty on Inferno, providing the song with its slightly ominous production in addition to rapped and sung vocals. Feeling this self-proclaimed Kanye-Marley-Big Pun hybrid? Then grab up Voli’s The Wall Sampler project, which was released for free download at the top of the month.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.