On New Jersey native Voli’s latest released record Inferno, the musician proclaims that he’s a unique blend of Kanye West, Sting, Bob Marley, Nas, Daft Punk and Big Pun. How about that for an amazingly rare combination of artists? While you may not be able to pinpoint each of those artists in Voli’s latest offering, their influence are all clearly on display. The DJBooth regular pulls triple duty on Inferno, providing the song with its slightly ominous production in addition to rapped and sung vocals. Feeling this self-proclaimed Kanye-Marley-Big Pun hybrid? Then grab up Voli’s The Wall Sampler project, which was released for free download at the top of the month.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.