In my never-humble opinion, Guns N Roses exemplify just about everything wrong with rock ‘n’ roll: screechy vocals, bad hair, ignorant lyrics, the works. (Take a listen to One in a Million if you don’t believe me about the lyrics.) Despite it all, the group have inspired some damn fine hip-hop—including Nikki Lynette‘s Roses N Guns tape, to Feroz’ Gunz N Rozes and now Guns and Roses, the second official single off Voli‘s next album. A unique hybrid of power ballad and rap anthem, this artist-produced cut finds the Jersey fast-riser building from a martial, percussion-driven verse to a melodramatic, string/electric guitar-soaked chorus as he chronicles how the girl he loved turned him from a nice guy into an assh*le before breaking his heart. Recently heard collaborating with the headliner on her own Ride Till You Die, buzzmaking pop songstress Bebe Rexha calls Voli out for his own romantic indiscretions on the guest tip: “You say you want Jackie, but you bring home Marilyn.” Has this genre-blending jam rocked your world? Then keep it locked for release details on Voli’s The Wall LP, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/23/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)