In my never-humble opinion, Guns N Roses exemplify just about everything wrong with rock ‘n’ roll: screechy vocals, bad hair, ignorant lyrics, the works. (Take a listen to One in a Million if you don’t believe me about the lyrics.) Despite it all, the group have inspired some damn fine hip-hop—including Nikki Lynette‘s Roses N Guns tape, to Feroz’ Gunz N Rozes and now Guns and Roses, the second official single off Voli‘s next album. A unique hybrid of power ballad and rap anthem, this artist-produced cut finds the Jersey fast-riser building from a martial, percussion-driven verse to a melodramatic, string/electric guitar-soaked chorus as he chronicles how the girl he loved turned him from a nice guy into an assh*le before breaking his heart. Recently heard collaborating with the headliner on her own Ride Till You Die, buzzmaking pop songstress Bebe Rexha calls Voli out for his own romantic indiscretions on the guest tip: “You say you want Jackie, but you bring home Marilyn.” Has this genre-blending jam rocked your world? Then keep it locked for release details on Voli’s The Wall LP, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.