Talk about mood swings – in contrast to Voli‘s last non-freestyle feature, on which he breezily dreamed of a life Free from all worldly obligations, the Jersey emcee’s new promo single, The Funeral finds him exploring some considerably darker fantasies. As on the aforementioned jam, Voli handles both production and mic duties, delivering a moody yet bouncy sampled groove (Are those the same ‘Unh!‘s from Kanye‘s The Joy I hear in the background?) as he introduces us to a new, more aggressive side of his lyrical persona. As if his maniacal, wordplay-laced bars weren’t enough to leave his rivals seriously spooked, he lays it all on the table on his sung hook: ”The day I arise will be your funeral… now close your eyes, say good night.” So, readers, has this dopely unhinged cut left you dying for more (awful pun obviously intended)? Then keep it locked – while Funeral is currently unattached to any forthcoming project, we in the Booth will be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from this East Coast hopeful.
Written by richard on 11/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.