Talk about mood swings – in contrast to Voli‘s last non-freestyle feature, on which he breezily dreamed of a life Free from all worldly obligations, the Jersey emcee’s new promo single, The Funeral finds him exploring some considerably darker fantasies. As on the aforementioned jam, Voli handles both production and mic duties, delivering a moody yet bouncy sampled groove (Are those the same ‘Unh!‘s from Kanye‘s The Joy I hear in the background?) as he introduces us to a new, more aggressive side of his lyrical persona. As if his maniacal, wordplay-laced bars weren’t enough to leave his rivals seriously spooked, he lays it all on the table on his sung hook: ”The day I arise will be your funeral… now close your eyes, say good night.” So, readers, has this dopely unhinged cut left you dying for more (awful pun obviously intended)? Then keep it locked – while Funeral is currently unattached to any forthcoming project, we in the Booth will be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from this East Coast hopeful.
Written by richard on 11/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.