Most of us have, at one time or another, fantasized about walking out of work (or school) and flying someplace far away to live a life Free of all worldly obligations. Sure, most of us kinda need income to survive, but who said fantasies had to be realistic? If you’ve had it up to here with the daily grind but can’t take a tropical vacation at the moment, Jersey rapper-producer Voli‘s first Booth feature might be just the thing to help you shake off some of that stress. Over his own breezy boardwork, driven by laid-back brass and exotic guitar licks, the artist encourages us to leave our worries behind and live in the moment for a little while – whether that means going out to the local bar for a post-workday drink, or flipping off your boss and leaving never to be seen again. As if the headliner’s enthusiastically-delivered rhymes weren’t enough to leave listeners rejuvenated, Brooklyn singer Jayro jumps on board to bring the cut home with a smooth, catchy chorus. Best enjoyed with an umbrella drink in hand, this upbeat banger can be found on Voli’s Glass Doors sampler, released September 8, and out now online.
Written by richard on 09/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Frosh Year" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.