Most of us have, at one time or another, fantasized about walking out of work (or school) and flying someplace far away to live a life Free of all worldly obligations. Sure, most of us kinda need income to survive, but who said fantasies had to be realistic? If you’ve had it up to here with the daily grind but can’t take a tropical vacation at the moment, Jersey rapper-producer Voli‘s first Booth feature might be just the thing to help you shake off some of that stress. Over his own breezy boardwork, driven by laid-back brass and exotic guitar licks, the artist encourages us to leave our worries behind and live in the moment for a little while – whether that means going out to the local bar for a post-workday drink, or flipping off your boss and leaving never to be seen again. As if the headliner’s enthusiastically-delivered rhymes weren’t enough to leave listeners rejuvenated, Brooklyn singer Jayro jumps on board to bring the cut home with a smooth, catchy chorus. Best enjoyed with an umbrella drink in hand, this upbeat banger can be found on Voli’s Glass Doors sampler, released September 8, and out now online.
Written by richard on 09/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Frosh Year" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.