I always enjoy a track just a little more when its artist and producer are the same; it just seems to carry a more personal tone. Just like Kanye, B.o.B., and XV before him, Voli is mesmerizing listeners with his dual ability, this time on Fade Away, a haunting single on the intricacies of love and its loss. Backed by a somber piano/guitar melody, Voli tells the tale of a friendship that took a heavy turn over a one-night stand and a foundation-shaking decision that would affect the rest of their lives: “Sometimes I think I might’ve been a better man for marrying her/ went from academic plans to unplanned parenthood.” It’s as evocative as it is beautiful, leaving listeners with something more than just a good song to vibe to. If you’re in no mood to simply let this one Fade Away, be sure to keep a lookout for the Freestyle Series alum dropping more poignant beats here at the DJBooth, and (hopefully) eventually blessing us with a full length project.
Written by Sigurd on 04/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.