I always enjoy a track just a little more when its artist and producer are the same; it just seems to carry a more personal tone. Just like Kanye, B.o.B., and XV before him, Voli is mesmerizing listeners with his dual ability, this time on Fade Away, a haunting single on the intricacies of love and its loss. Backed by a somber piano/guitar melody, Voli tells the tale of a friendship that took a heavy turn over a one-night stand and a foundation-shaking decision that would affect the rest of their lives: “Sometimes I think I might’ve been a better man for marrying her/ went from academic plans to unplanned parenthood.” It’s as evocative as it is beautiful, leaving listeners with something more than just a good song to vibe to. If you’re in no mood to simply let this one Fade Away, be sure to keep a lookout for the Freestyle Series alum dropping more poignant beats here at the DJBooth, and (hopefully) eventually blessing us with a full length project.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.