On Take Care inclusion Dreams Money Can Buy, Drake held up the wealth he’d amassed in the game as evidence that, like Wu Tang, he wasn’t to be f**ked with. Voli may not be in possession of Drizzy-sized stacks just yet, but his patience for the BS is equally miniscule. Thus, he’s decided to send a clear message to all potential perpetrating haters by flipping the same sample on his latest promo single, Don’t F*ck with Me. With the help of guitarist Gavidia and violinist/keyboardist Cameron Orr, the Jersey emcee and producer builds the dreamy, vocoded intro from Jai Paul BTSTU into a backdrop for bars which find him expressing his frustration with industry insularity, as well as letting listeners in on some recent struggles in his personal life. Co-headlining the record along with Voli, singer Ming contributes her determined vocals to the record’s back end. While this promo joint isn’t part of any forthcoming projects, fans can keep their browsers locked for more fresh material from all involved.
Written by richard on 11/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.