On Take Care inclusion Dreams Money Can Buy, Drake held up the wealth he’d amassed in the game as evidence that, like Wu Tang, he wasn’t to be f**ked with. Voli may not be in possession of Drizzy-sized stacks just yet, but his patience for the BS is equally miniscule. Thus, he’s decided to send a clear message to all potential perpetrating haters by flipping the same sample on his latest promo single, Don’t F*ck with Me. With the help of guitarist Gavidia and violinist/keyboardist Cameron Orr, the Jersey emcee and producer builds the dreamy, vocoded intro from Jai Paul BTSTU into a backdrop for bars which find him expressing his frustration with industry insularity, as well as letting listeners in on some recent struggles in his personal life. Co-headlining the record along with Voli, singer Ming contributes her determined vocals to the record’s back end. While this promo joint isn’t part of any forthcoming projects, fans can keep their browsers locked for more fresh material from all involved.
Written by richard on 11/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.