Most emcees, as they ascend to the upper echelons of the music game, take great pains to show that success hasn’t changed them. Jersey phenom Voli, on the other hand, freely admits he’s not the same man he was when he entered the game—judging by the transformations described in the chorus of new single Ashes (“Would you believe, I no longer breathe… I no longer bleed, my heart’s drying up.”), he may no longer be a man at all. Over his own majestic, guitar-laced grooves, the Booth fave chronicles his quest to conquer the music game, and his attendant personal evolution, in intense, driven verses. Fayetteville rapper/producer Ronnie C contributes a similarly epic guest 16. Though this joint isn’t attached to the album, fans will be able to hear much more from Voli on forthcoming full-length The Wall, which (as he reveals in his rhymes) is tantalizingly close to completion.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.