Most emcees, as they ascend to the upper echelons of the music game, take great pains to show that success hasn’t changed them. Jersey phenom Voli, on the other hand, freely admits he’s not the same man he was when he entered the game—judging by the transformations described in the chorus of new single Ashes (“Would you believe, I no longer breathe… I no longer bleed, my heart’s drying up.”), he may no longer be a man at all. Over his own majestic, guitar-laced grooves, the Booth fave chronicles his quest to conquer the music game, and his attendant personal evolution, in intense, driven verses. Fayetteville rapper/producer Ronnie C contributes a similarly epic guest 16. Though this joint isn’t attached to the album, fans will be able to hear much more from Voli on forthcoming full-length The Wall, which (as he reveals in his rhymes) is tantalizingly close to completion.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.