Most emcees, as they ascend to the upper echelons of the music game, take great pains to show that success hasn’t changed them. Jersey phenom Voli, on the other hand, freely admits he’s not the same man he was when he entered the game—judging by the transformations described in the chorus of new single Ashes (“Would you believe, I no longer breathe… I no longer bleed, my heart’s drying up.”), he may no longer be a man at all. Over his own majestic, guitar-laced grooves, the Booth fave chronicles his quest to conquer the music game, and his attendant personal evolution, in intense, driven verses. Fayetteville rapper/producer Ronnie C contributes a similarly epic guest 16. Though this joint isn’t attached to the album, fans will be able to hear much more from Voli on forthcoming full-length The Wall, which (as he reveals in his rhymes) is tantalizingly close to completion.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.