Most emcees, as they ascend to the upper echelons of the music game, take great pains to show that success hasn’t changed them. Jersey phenom Voli, on the other hand, freely admits he’s not the same man he was when he entered the game—judging by the transformations described in the chorus of new single Ashes (“Would you believe, I no longer breathe… I no longer bleed, my heart’s drying up.”), he may no longer be a man at all. Over his own majestic, guitar-laced grooves, the Booth fave chronicles his quest to conquer the music game, and his attendant personal evolution, in intense, driven verses. Fayetteville rapper/producer Ronnie C contributes a similarly epic guest 16. Though this joint isn’t attached to the album, fans will be able to hear much more from Voli on forthcoming full-length The Wall, which (as he reveals in his rhymes) is tantalizingly close to completion.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.