When it comes to those who don’t adhere to the norm, people can be a little like seagulls. Whereas crabs in a bucket will at least wait for their peers to try and climb out before they pull the ambitious crustacean back to the bottom, gulls will swarm and attack members of their flock who simply look different due to a bracelet or other distinguishing mark. (Disclaimer to any seagull psychologists who may be reading: I have no damn idea where I picked up that piece of information.) On new video single All the Same, premiered Monday at FreeWilliamsburg along with its dazzling, Patrick Florescio-directed official visuals, Voli laments our tendency to tell kids to follow their dreams, then ostracize them for breaking the mold when they start to grow up. As usual, the Jersey Renaissance artist showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, creating an atmospheric beat to back his sung vocals and reggae-influenced flows. This joint can be found on The Wall Sampler, released to the ‘net back in July. Fans can click here to check out Free Williamsburg’s recent CMJ interview with the artist.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.