When it comes to those who don’t adhere to the norm, people can be a little like seagulls. Whereas crabs in a bucket will at least wait for their peers to try and climb out before they pull the ambitious crustacean back to the bottom, gulls will swarm and attack members of their flock who simply look different due to a bracelet or other distinguishing mark. (Disclaimer to any seagull psychologists who may be reading: I have no damn idea where I picked up that piece of information.) On new video single All the Same, premiered Monday at FreeWilliamsburg along with its dazzling, Patrick Florescio-directed official visuals, Voli laments our tendency to tell kids to follow their dreams, then ostracize them for breaking the mold when they start to grow up. As usual, the Jersey Renaissance artist showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, creating an atmospheric beat to back his sung vocals and reggae-influenced flows. This joint can be found on The Wall Sampler, released to the ‘net back in July. Fans can click here to check out Free Williamsburg’s recent CMJ interview with the artist.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.