Here in The DJBooth, we rarely post freestyles over other artists’ hits. Exceptions can be made, however, for those who manage to elevate their rendition above a mere retread. How, you ask? Allow Voli to show you how it’s done. On new promo single 5AM, the Booth acclaimed rapper, singer and producer puts his own spin on Drake‘s recent non-album cut, 5AM in Toronto. In addition to lacing the beat with characteristically dope bars, the artist adds a personal touch to Boi-1da and Vinylz’ production, closing the record with an arena-ready guitar solo. Nouveau Classique Films direct the accompanying visuals. 5AM isn’t part of a larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest from the longtime reader fave.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.