As has become tradition in the series, the recently-released Grand Theft Auto V features original tunes from a variety of hot hip-hop artists, as well as voice acting from big-name rappers (Game appears as a drug dealer). Harlem emcee Vinny Cha$e didn’t make it in this time around, but he’s angling for a starring role in the sequel. In the intro to freshly-released mixtape standout Money Tonight, he exclaims “I swear man, my life like GTA 6!” And he ain’t kidding; over Kid Art and Cartier Court‘s thumping beat, a subtle flip of Lucy Pearl’s Dance Tonight, he describes a lifestyle that’s half lobster tails and shopping sprees, half car crashes and gunplay. Harlem vet Ma$e delivers a hard-nosed guest verse, and Art even steps out from behind the boards to spit a few bars of his own. This cut is part of Cha$e’s Kings Landing tape, released yesterday and available for free streaming/download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Out Below" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.