For the young Vinny Cha$e, collecting gold coins in Super Mario wasn’t simply a fun pastime; it was career training for his future Hustle. Kicked off with a nostalgia-inducing video game sample, the NYC buzzmaker’s latest single offers us a window into the life of a born-and-bred cash addict. Kid Art and Cartier‘s atmospheric boardwork, featuring a dogged rhythm section accented by ominous synths and occasional vocal snippets, bangs in the back as the artist chronicles his growth from a hungry up-and-comer honing his skills on free mixtapes to a baller with a (imaginary, for the time being) multimillion dollar contract. In addition to co-producing the record, Kid Art drops a bold, arrogant guest verse and directs the accompanying visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Cha$e‘s Kings Landing street album, dropping digitally before summer’s end.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Out Below" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.