For the young Vinny Cha$e, collecting gold coins in Super Mario wasn’t simply a fun pastime; it was career training for his future Hustle. Kicked off with a nostalgia-inducing video game sample, the NYC buzzmaker’s latest single offers us a window into the life of a born-and-bred cash addict. Kid Art and Cartier‘s atmospheric boardwork, featuring a dogged rhythm section accented by ominous synths and occasional vocal snippets, bangs in the back as the artist chronicles his growth from a hungry up-and-comer honing his skills on free mixtapes to a baller with a (imaginary, for the time being) multimillion dollar contract. In addition to co-producing the record, Kid Art drops a bold, arrogant guest verse and directs the accompanying visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Cha$e‘s Kings Landing street album, dropping digitally before summer’s end.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Out Below" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.