For the young Vinny Cha$e, collecting gold coins in Super Mario wasn’t simply a fun pastime; it was career training for his future Hustle. Kicked off with a nostalgia-inducing video game sample, the NYC buzzmaker’s latest single offers us a window into the life of a born-and-bred cash addict. Kid Art and Cartier‘s atmospheric boardwork, featuring a dogged rhythm section accented by ominous synths and occasional vocal snippets, bangs in the back as the artist chronicles his growth from a hungry up-and-comer honing his skills on free mixtapes to a baller with a (imaginary, for the time being) multimillion dollar contract. In addition to co-producing the record, Kid Art drops a bold, arrogant guest verse and directs the accompanying visuals. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Cha$e‘s Kings Landing street album, dropping digitally before summer’s end.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look Out Below" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.