Vinnie Paz‘s achievements in the hip-hop game are nothing to sneeze at, but they become even more impressive when you account for the Philly rhymesayer’s lifelong struggle with mental illness. On Is Happiness Just a Word?, the underground mainstay takes a break from annihilating sucker emcees to offer fans a glimpse into his troubled psyche. Over The Arcitype‘s glittering keyboard arpeggios, the artist describes the feelings of anxiety, emptiness and unreality that he contends with on daily basis, despite the best efforts of numerous psychiatrists. Reykjavic, Iceland’s Yes Alexander provides a guest hook, and an official video by Yan and Kitty Von-Sometimes rounds out the package. For this cut and much more, cop Vinnie Paz’s Carry On Tradition EP when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill 'Em All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.