Vinnie Paz‘s achievements in the hip-hop game are nothing to sneeze at, but they become even more impressive when you account for the Philly rhymesayer’s lifelong struggle with mental illness. On Is Happiness Just a Word?, the underground mainstay takes a break from annihilating sucker emcees to offer fans a glimpse into his troubled psyche. Over The Arcitype‘s glittering keyboard arpeggios, the artist describes the feelings of anxiety, emptiness and unreality that he contends with on daily basis, despite the best efforts of numerous psychiatrists. Reykjavic, Iceland’s Yes Alexander provides a guest hook, and an official video by Yan and Kitty Von-Sometimes rounds out the package. For this cut and much more, cop Vinnie Paz’s Carry On Tradition EP when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Philly mic-murderer Vinnie Paz has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Carry On Tradition EP, via Pazmanian Devil Music. His second-ever EP (2010's Prayer for the Assassin was his first.), the project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill 'Em All" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.