Vinnie Paz‘s achievements in the hip-hop game are nothing to sneeze at, but they become even more impressive when you account for the Philly rhymesayer’s lifelong struggle with mental illness. On Is Happiness Just a Word?, the underground mainstay takes a break from annihilating sucker emcees to offer fans a glimpse into his troubled psyche. Over The Arcitype‘s glittering keyboard arpeggios, the artist describes the feelings of anxiety, emptiness and unreality that he contends with on daily basis, despite the best efforts of numerous psychiatrists. Reykjavic, Iceland’s Yes Alexander provides a guest hook, and an official video by Yan and Kitty Von-Sometimes rounds out the package. For this cut and much more, cop Vinnie Paz’s Carry On Tradition EP when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill 'Em All" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.