At 24 years of age (with 25 on the horizon), I am very much Stuck in My Ways; I still watch The Simpsons, I stay up late, and I play video games. It is my stubborn ways, though, that also made me interested in the latest cut from Vince Staples. On his latest song release, the Cali native elaborates on his stubborn ways in a high-pitched flow that’s agile, yet gritty. While producer Larry Fisherman‘s name might not ring a bell, you definitely know him. Fisherman, an alter ego of indie-rap phenom Mac Miller, cooks up a string-centered beat that, like Vince’s flow, has an aura of griminess to it. If this is the first you’re hearing of this unique emcee, you are in luck, because today, Vince will release his latest album, Stolen Youth. (Like the artwork? Vince will soon unveil a companion comic book, illustrated by Phillip Lumbang, vis his Tumblr.)
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guns & Roses" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.