At 24 years of age (with 25 on the horizon), I am very much Stuck in My Ways; I still watch The Simpsons, I stay up late, and I play video games. It is my stubborn ways, though, that also made me interested in the latest cut from Vince Staples. On his latest song release, the Cali native elaborates on his stubborn ways in a high-pitched flow that’s agile, yet gritty. While producer Larry Fisherman‘s name might not ring a bell, you definitely know him. Fisherman, an alter ego of indie-rap phenom Mac Miller, cooks up a string-centered beat that, like Vince’s flow, has an aura of griminess to it. If this is the first you’re hearing of this unique emcee, you are in luck, because today, Vince will release his latest album, Stolen Youth. (Like the artwork? Vince will soon unveil a companion comic book, illustrated by Phillip Lumbang, vis his Tumblr.)
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guns & Roses" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!