At 24 years of age (with 25 on the horizon), I am very much Stuck in My Ways; I still watch The Simpsons, I stay up late, and I play video games. It is my stubborn ways, though, that also made me interested in the latest cut from Vince Staples. On his latest song release, the Cali native elaborates on his stubborn ways in a high-pitched flow that’s agile, yet gritty. While producer Larry Fisherman‘s name might not ring a bell, you definitely know him. Fisherman, an alter ego of indie-rap phenom Mac Miller, cooks up a string-centered beat that, like Vince’s flow, has an aura of griminess to it. If this is the first you’re hearing of this unique emcee, you are in luck, because today, Vince will release his latest album, Stolen Youth. (Like the artwork? Vince will soon unveil a companion comic book, illustrated by Phillip Lumbang, vis his Tumblr.)
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guns & Roses" (2013)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.