Not glimpsed in the Booth since August of 2013, when he jumped on Earl Sweatshirt‘s Burgundy to deliver a hard-nosed guest 16, Vince Staples returns to our pages with single numero uno off his senior street album. On Nate, premiered last night via Complex, the Long Beach buzzmaker revisits his childhood relationship with his father, a drug dealer and addict whom he idolized despite frequent injunctions not to follow in his footsteps. While Vince’s lyrical account of his early life is alternately heartbreaking and bone-chilling, the record’s overall sound is surprisingly upbeat, thanks to Scoop DeVille‘s buoyant, soul-sampled production. Cocaine 80s frontman James Fauntleroy takes center stage on the bridge, turning in a stirring vocal performance that glitters with overdubbed harmonies. Featuring this poignant cut and much more, Shyne Coldchain Vol. 2 has yet to receive a solid drop date. Keep it locked for release details on the set, as well as all the latest tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guns & Roses" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!