I’ve never been a fan of Guns N’ Roses but, for whatever reason, Axl Rose and company have inspired some damn fine hip-hop, including Booth-acclaimed records by Voli and Feroz and two mixtapes from Nikki Lynette. With his debut feature, promo single Guns & Roses, Vince Staples follows in that illustrious tradition. Previewed on Big Von‘s Sunday Service program on Shade 45, and premiered in its official form via FADER, this record finds the Los Angeles rhymesayer reflecting on such sensitive issues as child abuse and gun violence, backed by the choral-sampled boardwork of Larry Fisherman (aka Mac Miller). This poignant selection is just one of many thought-provoking jams to be found on Vince’s forthcoming street album, Stolen Youth. Watch our pages for further details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck in My Ways" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.