I’ve never been a fan of Guns N’ Roses but, for whatever reason, Axl Rose and company have inspired some damn fine hip-hop, including Booth-acclaimed records by Voli and Feroz and two mixtapes from Nikki Lynette. With his debut feature, promo single Guns & Roses, Vince Staples follows in that illustrious tradition. Previewed on Big Von‘s Sunday Service program on Shade 45, and premiered in its official form via FADER, this record finds the Los Angeles rhymesayer reflecting on such sensitive issues as child abuse and gun violence, backed by the choral-sampled boardwork of Larry Fisherman (aka Mac Miller). This poignant selection is just one of many thought-provoking jams to be found on Vince’s forthcoming street album, Stolen Youth. Watch our pages for further details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck in My Ways" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.