I’ve never been a fan of Guns N’ Roses but, for whatever reason, Axl Rose and company have inspired some damn fine hip-hop, including Booth-acclaimed records by Voli and Feroz and two mixtapes from Nikki Lynette. With his debut feature, promo single Guns & Roses, Vince Staples follows in that illustrious tradition. Previewed on Big Von‘s Sunday Service program on Shade 45, and premiered in its official form via FADER, this record finds the Los Angeles rhymesayer reflecting on such sensitive issues as child abuse and gun violence, backed by the choral-sampled boardwork of Larry Fisherman (aka Mac Miller). This poignant selection is just one of many thought-provoking jams to be found on Vince’s forthcoming street album, Stolen Youth. Watch our pages for further details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 04/12/13
Los Angeles rapper Vince Staples has released a new street album, titled Stolen Youth. The project is a collaborative effort with Larry Fisherman, a producer alter ego of indie-rap phenom Mac Miller. Included on the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stuck in My Ways" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.