Traditionally, 4:20 in the afternoon is regarded as the ideal time to get faded, but Booth newcomer Villz just as frequently finds himself lighting up at 4:20am. Thus, the alt-R&B buzzmaker has decided to create an anthem for all the early-morning smokers out there. Accompanied by rich, overdubbed harmonies, the crooner shares some blunted reflections on his tumultuous love life. Producer Mike Ewing provides an atmospheric, guitar-laced backdrop for Villz’s vocals, and director TmeTrvlr SAO louche, neon-lit visuals round out the package. Independent debut album Till the End of Summer has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.