Traditionally, 4:20 in the afternoon is regarded as the ideal time to get faded, but Booth newcomer Villz just as frequently finds himself lighting up at 4:20am. Thus, the alt-R&B buzzmaker has decided to create an anthem for all the early-morning smokers out there. Accompanied by rich, overdubbed harmonies, the crooner shares some blunted reflections on his tumultuous love life. Producer Mike Ewing provides an atmospheric, guitar-laced backdrop for Villz’s vocals, and director TmeTrvlr SAO louche, neon-lit visuals round out the package. Independent debut album Till the End of Summer has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.