Traditionally, 4:20 in the afternoon is regarded as the ideal time to get faded, but Booth newcomer Villz just as frequently finds himself lighting up at 4:20am. Thus, the alt-R&B buzzmaker has decided to create an anthem for all the early-morning smokers out there. Accompanied by rich, overdubbed harmonies, the crooner shares some blunted reflections on his tumultuous love life. Producer Mike Ewing provides an atmospheric, guitar-laced backdrop for Villz’s vocals, and director TmeTrvlr SAO louche, neon-lit visuals round out the package. Independent debut album Till the End of Summer has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.