Traditionally, 4:20 in the afternoon is regarded as the ideal time to get faded, but Booth newcomer Villz just as frequently finds himself lighting up at 4:20am. Thus, the alt-R&B buzzmaker has decided to create an anthem for all the early-morning smokers out there. Accompanied by rich, overdubbed harmonies, the crooner shares some blunted reflections on his tumultuous love life. Producer Mike Ewing provides an atmospheric, guitar-laced backdrop for Villz’s vocals, and director TmeTrvlr SAO louche, neon-lit visuals round out the package. Independent debut album Till the End of Summer has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.