First in Flight State crew Village of Pharaohs ended 2013 on a contemplative note, examining the motivations behind their hustle and striving to cultivate a mindstate conducive to success in December singles Gone and Here We Are. I AM, their first Booth feature of the new year, retains the aforementioned cuts’ introspective vibe, but the crew’s rhymes exude renewed vigor and self-confidence. Though the verses SkyHigh and Wyze deliver over I.V. League‘s atmospheric production abound with quotable bars, their attitude is best summed up by the spoken lines that end the record: “I go into this knowing I’m one of the baddest motherf**kers to ever live… not even in a cocky way, I just feel like I’m one of the baddest motherf**kers to ever walk the face of the earth. And that’s just how I am.” Pharaodigm Shift is scheduled for digital release at a yet-undetermined date in the near future. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
Great House Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If It's Love " (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.