First in Flight State crew Village of Pharaohs ended 2013 on a contemplative note, examining the motivations behind their hustle and striving to cultivate a mindstate conducive to success in December singles Gone and Here We Are. I AM, their first Booth feature of the new year, retains the aforementioned cuts’ introspective vibe, but the crew’s rhymes exude renewed vigor and self-confidence. Though the verses SkyHigh and Wyze deliver over I.V. League‘s atmospheric production abound with quotable bars, their attitude is best summed up by the spoken lines that end the record: “I go into this knowing I’m one of the baddest motherf**kers to ever live… not even in a cocky way, I just feel like I’m one of the baddest motherf**kers to ever walk the face of the earth. And that’s just how I am.” Pharaodigm Shift is scheduled for digital release at a yet-undetermined date in the near future. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 01/3/14
Submit your Rating
Great House Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If It's Love " (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.