With spring just around the corner, it’s the perfect time for a new beginning. Villa knows what I’m talking about; previously known as Niko Villamor, the ATL buzzmaker is reintroducing himself to the Booth with a slimmed-down moniker and a brand new promo single. On Opening Ceremony Parisian beat crew TWINSMATIC craft a blissfully mellow, keyboard-driven beat to back the rapper’s laid-back lyricism. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can stay tuned for all the latest from the newly-renamed rhymesayer.
Written by richard on 02/28/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.