More than two years have passed since Victoria Monét made her first appearance in the Booth, earning reader acclaim for EP single Music in the Air. Today, she finally returns to our pages with Made in China, an LP standout that proves she hasn’t lost a single step in the interim. Over Tommy Brown‘s staccato synths, Monét draws an analogy between luxury goods from the Far East and the love she shares with a certain man. Rising R&B star Ty Dolla $ign takes over on the back, waxing poetic about an L.A. chick who gives him “brain on the 110 Freeway.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Victoria’s Nightmares & Lullabies LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music in the Air" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.