More than two years have passed since Victoria Monét made her first appearance in the Booth, earning reader acclaim for EP single Music in the Air. Today, she finally returns to our pages with Made in China, an LP standout that proves she hasn’t lost a single step in the interim. Over Tommy Brown‘s staccato synths, Monét draws an analogy between luxury goods from the Far East and the love she shares with a certain man. Rising R&B star Ty Dolla $ign takes over on the back, waxing poetic about an L.A. chick who gives him “brain on the 110 Freeway.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Victoria’s Nightmares & Lullabies LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music in the Air" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.