More than two years have passed since Victoria Monét made her first appearance in the Booth, earning reader acclaim for EP single Music in the Air. Today, she finally returns to our pages with Made in China, an LP standout that proves she hasn’t lost a single step in the interim. Over Tommy Brown‘s staccato synths, Monét draws an analogy between luxury goods from the Far East and the love she shares with a certain man. Rising R&B star Ty Dolla $ign takes over on the back, waxing poetic about an L.A. chick who gives him “brain on the 110 Freeway.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Victoria’s Nightmares & Lullabies LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music in the Air" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.