More than two years have passed since Victoria Monét made her first appearance in the Booth, earning reader acclaim for EP single Music in the Air. Today, she finally returns to our pages with Made in China, an LP standout that proves she hasn’t lost a single step in the interim. Over Tommy Brown‘s staccato synths, Monét draws an analogy between luxury goods from the Far East and the love she shares with a certain man. Rising R&B star Ty Dolla $ign takes over on the back, waxing poetic about an L.A. chick who gives him “brain on the 110 Freeway.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Victoria’s Nightmares & Lullabies LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music in the Air" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)