Last month, when rapper V.I.C. jumped inside our Booth for an interview, he explained how he goes about creating a new song. “I paid attention to what was goin’ on in the industry… you have to make music based on what’s poppin.” After scoring a major radio hit with the “ringtone rap” inspired Get Silly, it’s clear that the Atlanta native is simply sticking with what works. For his newest single, Wobble, V.I.C. uses the production mastery of multi-platinum producer Mr. ColliPark to help tell all the ladies what he’d like them to do on the dance-floor. Just like the Ying Yang Twins did alongside ColliPark before him, V.I.C. uses a catchy call-out hook over an addictive Congo drum/horn section concoction. Young Mogul/Warner Bros. will release the young emcee’s debut, Beast, in late August. Will you wobble all the way to the store to buy it?
Written by DJ Z on 07/8/08
Submit your Rating
Young Mogul/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot ft. Stan Williams & B.o.B." (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)