Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 12th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Vic Spencer, the Chi-town buzzmaker last featured with the reader-acclaimed Profound. On Victor, the emcee busts shots at his competition (“Little n**ga, I could take your fanbase / I don’t want ‘em anyway, all them n**gas is fake.”) over a dank, cavernous instrumental by Doc Da Mindbenda. Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release. Spencer is currently working on Vision Pipes, an EP with TDE producer/vocalist Johnny Rocket, and the Women’s Bathroom, am LP featuring 25 different female vocals, due out summer 2014.
Written by richard on 03/12/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pour It Up (FSD Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)