When a SAVEMONEY-affiliated artist steps into the Booth with a debut feature, you Owe it to yourself to give it a spin; in practically every case, your attention will be rewarded. The debut feature from Vic Spencer (not to be confused with his SM colleague, Vic Mensa) is no exception to the rule. Dr. LaFlow handles production on this freshly-minted mixtape single, crafting a stylishly blunted piano/string groove to back the rhymesayer as he asks the big questions: “Why do niggas call a mixtape a tape? Sh*t’s corny / when they wasn’t around when tape decks was important.” Even more ear-catching than Spencer’s lyricism is his delivery, a sardonic drawl that drips with world-weary charisma. Feeling it? You can find Owe and much more on Vic Spencer’s The Rapping Bastard tape, available for free streaming and download via his official site.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pour It Up (FSD Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!