Last we featured Vic Mensa on the solo tip, he was exchanging his hours for currency on reader-approved hustle anthem Time Is Money. The Kids These Days alum’s latest mixtape single also deals with the paper chase but, instead of piggybacking off a popular saying, he’s coined a new slogan of his own: “Young N**gas Say Peso!” That inventiveness extends to the artist’s breakneck verses, which bristle with left-field, pop-referential punchlines. (My favorite of the moment: “I was on a plane, feelin’ like David Blaine / I’ll blow ‘em out the water if they try to put me in a box.”) Joining the headliner over project collaborator Dj Dahi‘s laid-back street boardwork, Eliza Doolittle lends her breezy vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find YNSP and many more bangers on the artist’s INNANETAPE, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Vic Mensa’s Nem Perez-directed YNSP visual.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Former Kids These Days frontman Vic Mensa has released his illRoots and Adidas-presented street album, INNANETAPE. Included on the SaveMoney affiliate's 14-track project are previously-released, Booth-featured selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.