Last we featured Vic Mensa on the solo tip, he was exchanging his hours for currency on reader-approved hustle anthem Time Is Money. The Kids These Days alum’s latest mixtape single also deals with the paper chase but, instead of piggybacking off a popular saying, he’s coined a new slogan of his own: “Young N**gas Say Peso!” That inventiveness extends to the artist’s breakneck verses, which bristle with left-field, pop-referential punchlines. (My favorite of the moment: “I was on a plane, feelin’ like David Blaine / I’ll blow ‘em out the water if they try to put me in a box.”) Joining the headliner over project collaborator Dj Dahi‘s laid-back street boardwork, Eliza Doolittle lends her breezy vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find YNSP and many more bangers on the artist’s INNANETAPE, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Vic Mensa’s Nem Perez-directed YNSP visual.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.