Last we featured Vic Mensa on the solo tip, he was exchanging his hours for currency on reader-approved hustle anthem Time Is Money. The Kids These Days alum’s latest mixtape single also deals with the paper chase but, instead of piggybacking off a popular saying, he’s coined a new slogan of his own: “Young N**gas Say Peso!” That inventiveness extends to the artist’s breakneck verses, which bristle with left-field, pop-referential punchlines. (My favorite of the moment: “I was on a plane, feelin’ like David Blaine / I’ll blow ‘em out the water if they try to put me in a box.”) Joining the headliner over project collaborator Dj Dahi‘s laid-back street boardwork, Eliza Doolittle lends her breezy vocals to the record’s hook. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find YNSP and many more bangers on the artist’s INNANETAPE, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Vic Mensa’s Nem Perez-directed YNSP visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.