Like mighty Atlas with the globe, Vic Mensa is carrying the Windy City on his shoulders. OK, he’s not the only one keeping Chicago hip-hop alive, but the SaveMoney emcee has been putting in some serious work. On his latest promo single, the “creatively” spelled Wimme Nah, he gives himself a pat on the back for his efforts. Kaytranada mans the mixing boards on this whip-ready cut, layering hazy synths over a clattering percussion rhythm as Mensa delivers his bold and arrogant bars. Wimmie isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should keep it locked for further details on the artist’s Street Lights EP, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)