Like mighty Atlas with the globe, Vic Mensa is carrying the Windy City on his shoulders. OK, he’s not the only one keeping Chicago hip-hop alive, but the SaveMoney emcee has been putting in some serious work. On his latest promo single, the “creatively” spelled Wimme Nah, he gives himself a pat on the back for his efforts. Kaytranada mans the mixing boards on this whip-ready cut, layering hazy synths over a clattering percussion rhythm as Mensa delivers his bold and arrogant bars. Wimmie isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should keep it locked for further details on the artist’s Street Lights EP, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.