Like mighty Atlas with the globe, Vic Mensa is carrying the Windy City on his shoulders. OK, he’s not the only one keeping Chicago hip-hop alive, but the SaveMoney emcee has been putting in some serious work. On his latest promo single, the “creatively” spelled Wimme Nah, he gives himself a pat on the back for his efforts. Kaytranada mans the mixing boards on this whip-ready cut, layering hazy synths over a clattering percussion rhythm as Mensa delivers his bold and arrogant bars. Wimmie isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans should keep it locked for further details on the artist’s Street Lights EP, which is currently unscheduled.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.