Hollywood LA, the last single off Vic Mensa‘s debut mixtape, found the Kids These Days alumnus and fellow Chi-Town buzzmaker Lili K. getting lifted on that famous Cali kush. On follow-up Time Is Money, the rhymesayer comes back down to earth to address recent developments in his personal life, as well as reflecting on the epidemic of violence in his hometown. His poignant verses, delivered in a halting, lightly melodic flow, come backed by a mellow, soulful Boi-1da and Maven Boys production. MMG spitter Rockie Fresh contributes a self-assured guest 16 on the back, and Beldina ties the record together with some understated hook vocals. Fans will be able to find this pensive jam and much more on Mensa’s INNANETAPE, which is currently unscheduled. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.