Hollywood LA, the last single off Vic Mensa‘s debut mixtape, found the Kids These Days alumnus and fellow Chi-Town buzzmaker Lili K. getting lifted on that famous Cali kush. On follow-up Time Is Money, the rhymesayer comes back down to earth to address recent developments in his personal life, as well as reflecting on the epidemic of violence in his hometown. His poignant verses, delivered in a halting, lightly melodic flow, come backed by a mellow, soulful Boi-1da and Maven Boys production. MMG spitter Rockie Fresh contributes a self-assured guest 16 on the back, and Beldina ties the record together with some understated hook vocals. Fans will be able to find this pensive jam and much more on Mensa’s INNANETAPE, which is currently unscheduled. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.