Hollywood LA, the last single off Vic Mensa‘s debut mixtape, found the Kids These Days alumnus and fellow Chi-Town buzzmaker Lili K. getting lifted on that famous Cali kush. On follow-up Time Is Money, the rhymesayer comes back down to earth to address recent developments in his personal life, as well as reflecting on the epidemic of violence in his hometown. His poignant verses, delivered in a halting, lightly melodic flow, come backed by a mellow, soulful Boi-1da and Maven Boys production. MMG spitter Rockie Fresh contributes a self-assured guest 16 on the back, and Beldina ties the record together with some understated hook vocals. Fans will be able to find this pensive jam and much more on Mensa’s INNANETAPE, which is currently unscheduled. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.