If you ask anyone who grew up in the 90’s, “who loves Orange Soda?”, you should expect an immediate and emphatic “Kel loves orange soda.” (If they don’t know, you might want to check their birth certificate, because they just might be lying.) Perhaps those born after the Keenan & Kel Era will now equate Orange Soda with Vic Mensa, as his latest visual offering is quite the homage to the popular beverage. While this is the Chicago native’s first solo feature, Mensa is no stranger to the Booth; he was the frontman for Booth favorite Kids These Days (sadly, they broke up) and has appeared as a guest of both Alex Wiley and fellow Savemoney-er Chance The Rapper. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, though, because it’s clear Mensa has been behind a mic before. Over a laid-back, snared-out beat from producer Cam, and in between hits from an orange soda filled bong, Vic demonstrates a charismatic, fluid flow and some seriously impressive wordplay. Orange Soda is the second single off Vic’s forthcoming solo project, INNANETAPE.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.