If you ask anyone who grew up in the 90’s, “who loves Orange Soda?”, you should expect an immediate and emphatic “Kel loves orange soda.” (If they don’t know, you might want to check their birth certificate, because they just might be lying.) Perhaps those born after the Keenan & Kel Era will now equate Orange Soda with Vic Mensa, as his latest visual offering is quite the homage to the popular beverage. While this is the Chicago native’s first solo feature, Mensa is no stranger to the Booth; he was the frontman for Booth favorite Kids These Days (sadly, they broke up) and has appeared as a guest of both Alex Wiley and fellow Savemoney-er Chance The Rapper. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, though, because it’s clear Mensa has been behind a mic before. Over a laid-back, snared-out beat from producer Cam, and in between hits from an orange soda filled bong, Vic demonstrates a charismatic, fluid flow and some seriously impressive wordplay. Orange Soda is the second single off Vic’s forthcoming solo project, INNANETAPE.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!