If you ask anyone who grew up in the 90’s, “who loves Orange Soda?”, you should expect an immediate and emphatic “Kel loves orange soda.” (If they don’t know, you might want to check their birth certificate, because they just might be lying.) Perhaps those born after the Keenan & Kel Era will now equate Orange Soda with Vic Mensa, as his latest visual offering is quite the homage to the popular beverage. While this is the Chicago native’s first solo feature, Mensa is no stranger to the Booth; he was the frontman for Booth favorite Kids These Days (sadly, they broke up) and has appeared as a guest of both Alex Wiley and fellow Savemoney-er Chance The Rapper. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, though, because it’s clear Mensa has been behind a mic before. Over a laid-back, snared-out beat from producer Cam, and in between hits from an orange soda filled bong, Vic demonstrates a charismatic, fluid flow and some seriously impressive wordplay. Orange Soda is the second single off Vic’s forthcoming solo project, INNANETAPE.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)