Eclecticism, thy name is Vic Mensa. On Major Payne, the Save Money affiliate continues to hone the new club-oriented style of his post-INNANETAPE material, combining the dancefloor-ready R&B vibes of debut single Down On My Luck with the grit of February promo cut Feel That. Over a stark synth-percussion beat by Michael Uzowuru, Mensa spits game to a “nasty girl” at the local spot. Are you feeling the latest evolution in the artist’s style? If so, you can keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of his Street Lights EP.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)