Whether consciously or not, artists are often motivated by the desire to create something that will outlast them. Such is definitely the case for Vic Mensa, who comes face to face with his own mortality on Holy Holy, a standout cut off his latest mixtape. Backed by Cam, Peter Cottontale and Om’Ma‘s string-laced production, the Kids These Days alumnus meditates on life’s fleeting nature, and the legacy he’d leave behind if he were to die today. After Vic’s said his piece, West Coast buzzmaker Ab-Soul grabs the mic to pay tribute to late girlfriend and TDE labelmate Alori Joh in a deeply personal closing verse. BJ The Chicago Kid lends his vocals to the hook. This poignant jam is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Mensa’s INNANETAPE, released to the ‘net earlier this month.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Former Kids These Days frontman Vic Mensa has released his illRoots and Adidas-presented street album, INNANETAPE. Included on the SaveMoney affiliate's 14-track project are previously-released, Booth-featured selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.