Whether consciously or not, artists are often motivated by the desire to create something that will outlast them. Such is definitely the case for Vic Mensa, who comes face to face with his own mortality on Holy Holy, a standout cut off his latest mixtape. Backed by Cam, Peter Cottontale and Om’Ma‘s string-laced production, the Kids These Days alumnus meditates on life’s fleeting nature, and the legacy he’d leave behind if he were to die today. After Vic’s said his piece, West Coast buzzmaker Ab-Soul grabs the mic to pay tribute to late girlfriend and TDE labelmate Alori Joh in a deeply personal closing verse. BJ The Chicago Kid lends his vocals to the hook. This poignant jam is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Mensa’s INNANETAPE, released to the ‘net earlier this month.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Former Kids These Days frontman Vic Mensa has released his illRoots and Adidas-presented street album, INNANETAPE. Included on the SaveMoney affiliate's 14-track project are previously-released, Booth-featured selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)