I know what y’all are thinking: what are two Chicago-based artists doing on a record titled Hollywood LA? I’ve listened to Vic Mensa‘s latest solo feature twice now, and the only connection I’ve gleaned is the emcee’s affection for the local herb. Regardless, there’s no need to sweat the details; simply put on your headphones, close your eyes, and let Cam and Tae Beast‘s dreamy boardwork take you on a mental vacation. In addition to Mensa’s masterfully flowed verses, which reflect the Kids These Days alum’s longing to succeed in the game as well as his passion for cannabis, the record boasts soulful guest vocals from Lili K., the Save Money affiliate who recently made her Booth debut with Summertime Valentine. Fans will be able to find this cut, May’s reader-acclaimed Orange Soda and much more on the headliner’s INNANETAPE, dropping digitally at an unannounced date in the near future.
Written by richard on 07/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.