With hundreds of new genres being birthed daily in someone’s
studio bedroom, it’s tough to figure out which ones are worth following. For today, why not let Vic Mensa set the tone? On his new progressive single, Down On My Luck, the Chicago emcee sing-raps with his characteristic fast flow over a dance inspiring groove from Stefan Ponce. It’s a song like this that reminds fans that even their favorite rapper deals with tough times and sometimes just wants to runaway. And who said this message couldn’t be delivered over a catchy beat? Even if its just a loosie, the free form energy on this record goes to show you that Vic has the versatility to create hits outside of what’s considered “Hip-Hop.” The SAVEMONEY army continues to prove that their arsenal is well equipped for the long run. If you need more Vic in your life, check out his feature verse on Asher Roth’s current single, Fast Life.
UPDATE: We have added the Ben Dickinson-directed visuals for Vic’s Down On My Luck single.
Written by Bryan H on 05/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.