There’s never a shortage of anthems for those on their grind, but what about those who are a little lacking in the “ambition” department—who’s going to make music for the freeloaders, idlers, laggards and layabouts? A Slacker and proud of it, Vibes volunteers to fill that niche on the latest single off his forthcoming LP. PaperBoy Fabe handles production duties on this laid-back banger, flipping an electric guitar-laced sample from The Cardigans’ Happy Meal II as the Jersey representative offers an irreverent look into the life of a “freeloadin’, weed-smokin’, motherf*cking burnout.” He even throws a bone to the movie buffs, lacing his bars with references to some of cinema’s most famous underachievers: “Livin’ in these Fast Times, I’m so Spicoli / Me and the homies actin’ all rowdy / The one and only—I’m me, no Lebowski.” If you find yourself relating to this jam, you can expect more freshness on the artist’s Booth-sponsored Bay Parkway LP, dropping soon for the low, low price of free (You won’t even have to hit your up parents for cash!). Also, watch for the cut to appear on debut studio album King’s Highway, coming in 2012.
Written by richard on 11/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)