There’s never a shortage of anthems for those on their grind, but what about those who are a little lacking in the “ambition” department—who’s going to make music for the freeloaders, idlers, laggards and layabouts? A Slacker and proud of it, Vibes volunteers to fill that niche on the latest single off his forthcoming LP. PaperBoy Fabe handles production duties on this laid-back banger, flipping an electric guitar-laced sample from The Cardigans’ Happy Meal II as the Jersey representative offers an irreverent look into the life of a “freeloadin’, weed-smokin’, motherf*cking burnout.” He even throws a bone to the movie buffs, lacing his bars with references to some of cinema’s most famous underachievers: “Livin’ in these Fast Times, I’m so Spicoli / Me and the homies actin’ all rowdy / The one and only—I’m me, no Lebowski.” If you find yourself relating to this jam, you can expect more freshness on the artist’s Booth-sponsored Bay Parkway LP, dropping soon for the low, low price of free (You won’t even have to hit your up parents for cash!). Also, watch for the cut to appear on debut studio album King’s Highway, coming in 2012.
Written by richard on 11/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.