Two wrongs may not make a right, but two rights do add up to a bigger right… right? The point is, while Jersey emcee Vibes doesn’t have anything to atone for where the Booth is concerned, he knows exactly how to Make It Right: with an exclusive world premiere! This unreleased joint finds Freek Van Workum cooking up a sampled beat as soulful as his moniker is eccentric (that is to say, very), as the freestyle series contributor shares some intimate reflections on his artistic grind. Expressing remorse for getting distracted from his dreams, he reaffirms his dedication to honing his craft, capping the record off with a sentiment that just about every young adult should be able to relate to: “I’m just tryin’ to hold onto each moment, every year passing I just keep growing… and I’ve come too far to not notice that I can’t spend my life just goin’ through the motions.” Craving more insightful rhymes and positive vibes? Then keep it locked – the artist’s latest street album, King’s Highway, is set to drop March 5, 2011 (Vibes’ 23rd birthday!), and we’ll be bringing you the world premiere of the project’s lead single in the not-too-distant future.
Written by richard on 10/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.