Two wrongs may not make a right, but two rights do add up to a bigger right… right? The point is, while Jersey emcee Vibes doesn’t have anything to atone for where the Booth is concerned, he knows exactly how to Make It Right: with an exclusive world premiere! This unreleased joint finds Freek Van Workum cooking up a sampled beat as soulful as his moniker is eccentric (that is to say, very), as the freestyle series contributor shares some intimate reflections on his artistic grind. Expressing remorse for getting distracted from his dreams, he reaffirms his dedication to honing his craft, capping the record off with a sentiment that just about every young adult should be able to relate to: “I’m just tryin’ to hold onto each moment, every year passing I just keep growing… and I’ve come too far to not notice that I can’t spend my life just goin’ through the motions.” Craving more insightful rhymes and positive vibes? Then keep it locked – the artist’s latest street album, King’s Highway, is set to drop March 5, 2011 (Vibes’ 23rd birthday!), and we’ll be bringing you the world premiere of the project’s lead single in the not-too-distant future.
Written by richard on 10/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.