Two wrongs may not make a right, but two rights do add up to a bigger right… right? The point is, while Jersey emcee Vibes doesn’t have anything to atone for where the Booth is concerned, he knows exactly how to Make It Right: with an exclusive world premiere! This unreleased joint finds Freek Van Workum cooking up a sampled beat as soulful as his moniker is eccentric (that is to say, very), as the freestyle series contributor shares some intimate reflections on his artistic grind. Expressing remorse for getting distracted from his dreams, he reaffirms his dedication to honing his craft, capping the record off with a sentiment that just about every young adult should be able to relate to: “I’m just tryin’ to hold onto each moment, every year passing I just keep growing… and I’ve come too far to not notice that I can’t spend my life just goin’ through the motions.” Craving more insightful rhymes and positive vibes? Then keep it locked – the artist’s latest street album, King’s Highway, is set to drop March 5, 2011 (Vibes’ 23rd birthday!), and we’ll be bringing you the world premiere of the project’s lead single in the not-too-distant future.
Written by richard on 10/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.