Don’t let the seemingly indifferent title of Vibes’ latest feature fool you; despite dealing with life’s uncertainties, I Guess…, is all about conviction and commitment to his art. Originally left on the cutting-room floor during the sessions for his Bay Parkway mixtape, and making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this reflective joint finds VANS Beats flipping a heartfelt soul sample as the Jersey native (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) spits about the ups and downs of the grind. While he admits that the journey’s been harder on him than he’s let on, he ultimately takes a philosophical outlook, confident that one day he’ll look back on his current grind with pride: “The memoirs of a dreamer that’s pursuin’ art / [If] I’m shinin’ that’s because I made it through the dark.” Is it really just a matter of time before Vibes makes it? I’ll let you, the readers, debate that one. In any case, those digging this unreleased joint will want to keep it locked you-know-where for all the latest from this driven up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.