If you’re searching for hot rhymes and feel-good Vibes, you’ve come to the right place! On the first official leak off his forthcoming New Generation mixtape, the Jersey native/Booth newcomer whose stage name I (not-so-)cleverly incorporated into that last sentence links up with two-thirds of Brooklynati trio Tanya Morgan to give fans of sunny underground sounds just what they’ve Waited for. Flowing over a bouncy, funk-guitar/vibraphone groove by the Trackfiends, the headliner recounts how the The Roots and Blueprint helped inspire him to become a positive voice in hip-hop, and TM emcees Donwill, VonPea and Ilyad follow suit, spitting honest but refreshingly upbeat descriptions of the internal and external struggles that accompany the artistic grind. Autumn may be upon us, but this jam’s summery-fresh feel should win over Booth readers regardless. Those who like what they’re hearing can find Waited and much more on The New Generation, set to hit the ‘net on the 21st.
Written by richard on 09/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rocket Science" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.