Now that up-and-coming duo VIBE are starting to get their buzz up on the national scene, are they prepared to make the most of the opportunities they’ve been presented? Of f**king course they are—they’ve only spent their entire lives anticipating this moment. But don’t take it from me; take it from the Booth newcomers themselves, who demonstrate beyond the shadow of a doubt that they’re Ready for the World. Here, Lake Oswego beatsmith Rossy‘s low-key, rock-infused production (featuring house musicians Darby Wilson and Ben Ross) bangs in the background as San Diego’s Chris Young the Rapper describes the countless hours of tangible effort he’s already poured into his hustle (“Been in the gym of mentality / workin’out, ready for reality.”). The former also showcases his versatility on the hook and chorus, stepping out from behind the boards to deliver a falsetto chorus and bridge. Like what you’re hearing? More is just a few mouse-clicks away. Released September 21, VIBE’s Carpe Diem LP is available now for download via iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/5/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.