Now that up-and-coming duo VIBE are starting to get their buzz up on the national scene, are they prepared to make the most of the opportunities they’ve been presented? Of f**king course they are—they’ve only spent their entire lives anticipating this moment. But don’t take it from me; take it from the Booth newcomers themselves, who demonstrate beyond the shadow of a doubt that they’re Ready for the World. Here, Lake Oswego beatsmith Rossy‘s low-key, rock-infused production (featuring house musicians Darby Wilson and Ben Ross) bangs in the background as San Diego’s Chris Young the Rapper describes the countless hours of tangible effort he’s already poured into his hustle (“Been in the gym of mentality / workin’out, ready for reality.”). The former also showcases his versatility on the hook and chorus, stepping out from behind the boards to deliver a falsetto chorus and bridge. Like what you’re hearing? More is just a few mouse-clicks away. Released September 21, VIBE’s Carpe Diem LP is available now for download via iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/5/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.