Now that up-and-coming duo VIBE are starting to get their buzz up on the national scene, are they prepared to make the most of the opportunities they’ve been presented? Of f**king course they are—they’ve only spent their entire lives anticipating this moment. But don’t take it from me; take it from the Booth newcomers themselves, who demonstrate beyond the shadow of a doubt that they’re Ready for the World. Here, Lake Oswego beatsmith Rossy‘s low-key, rock-infused production (featuring house musicians Darby Wilson and Ben Ross) bangs in the background as San Diego’s Chris Young the Rapper describes the countless hours of tangible effort he’s already poured into his hustle (“Been in the gym of mentality / workin’out, ready for reality.”). The former also showcases his versatility on the hook and chorus, stepping out from behind the boards to deliver a falsetto chorus and bridge. Like what you’re hearing? More is just a few mouse-clicks away. Released September 21, VIBE’s Carpe Diem LP is available now for download via iTunes.
Written by richard on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.