Chicago’s own Vi, a.k.a. Beautiful, is bringing the soul back to hip-hop. Drawing influence from some of R&B’s best, from Al Green to Lenny Williams, Vi’s on the way to making himself a Chi-Town legend. One of his new songs, My Life, is up for possible inclusion on his album, Supposed 2 Be, and paints a rich picture of the ghetto lifestyle from which he hails. Elegant flutes vibe with hard drums and soul samples from producers The Buchanans to back up Vi’s intense rhymes. Along with fellow Chicago native and ex-gang-member-turned-philanthropist, Noonie “G” Ward, Vi acknowledges the hardships that come from the streets. With up-and-coming singers Britney & Risque on the chorus, Vi pleads with the listener to accept him for what he is: a product of his environment. Expect more street-savvy rhymes on Supposed 2 Be, set to hit streets soon.
Listen to More: Vi
Written by Carly on 09/7/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Chi" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.