Chicago’s own Vi, a.k.a. Beautiful, is bringing the soul back to hip-hop. Drawing influence from some of R&B’s best, from Al Green to Lenny Williams, Vi’s on the way to making himself a Chi-Town legend. One of his new songs, My Life, is up for possible inclusion on his album, Supposed 2 Be, and paints a rich picture of the ghetto lifestyle from which he hails. Elegant flutes vibe with hard drums and soul samples from producers The Buchanans to back up Vi’s intense rhymes. Along with fellow Chicago native and ex-gang-member-turned-philanthropist, Noonie “G” Ward, Vi acknowledges the hardships that come from the streets. With up-and-coming singers Britney & Risque on the chorus, Vi pleads with the listener to accept him for what he is: a product of his environment. Expect more street-savvy rhymes on Supposed 2 Be, set to hit streets soon.
Listen to More: Vi Written by Carly
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Chi" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.