Chicago’s own Vi, a.k.a. Beautiful, is bringing the soul back to hip-hop. Drawing influence from some of R&B’s best, from Al Green to Lenny Williams, Vi’s on the way to making himself a Chi-Town legend. One of his new songs, My Life, is up for possible inclusion on his album, Supposed 2 Be, and paints a rich picture of the ghetto lifestyle from which he hails. Elegant flutes vibe with hard drums and soul samples from producers The Buchanans to back up Vi’s intense rhymes. Along with fellow Chicago native and ex-gang-member-turned-philanthropist, Noonie “G” Ward, Vi acknowledges the hardships that come from the streets. With up-and-coming singers Britney & Risque on the chorus, Vi pleads with the listener to accept him for what he is: a product of his environment. Expect more street-savvy rhymes on Supposed 2 Be, set to hit streets soon.
Written by Carly on 09/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Chi" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)