Chicago’s own Vi, a.k.a. Beautiful, is bringing the soul back to hip-hop. Drawing influence from some of R&B’s best, from Al Green to Lenny Williams, Vi’s on the way to making himself a Chi-Town legend. One of his new songs, My Life, is up for possible inclusion on his album, Supposed 2 Be, and paints a rich picture of the ghetto lifestyle from which he hails. Elegant flutes vibe with hard drums and soul samples from producers The Buchanans to back up Vi’s intense rhymes. Along with fellow Chicago native and ex-gang-member-turned-philanthropist, Noonie “G” Ward, Vi acknowledges the hardships that come from the streets. With up-and-coming singers Britney & Risque on the chorus, Vi pleads with the listener to accept him for what he is: a product of his environment. Expect more street-savvy rhymes on Supposed 2 Be, set to hit streets soon.
Listen to More: Vi
Written by Carly on 09/7/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Chi" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)