Chicago’s own Vi, a.k.a. Beautiful, is bringing the soul back to hip-hop. Drawing influence from some of R&B’s best, from Al Green to Lenny Williams, Vi’s on the way to making himself a Chi-Town legend. One of his new songs, My Life, is up for possible inclusion on his album, Supposed 2 Be, and paints a rich picture of the ghetto lifestyle from which he hails. Elegant flutes vibe with hard drums and soul samples from producers The Buchanans to back up Vi’s intense rhymes. Along with fellow Chicago native and ex-gang-member-turned-philanthropist, Noonie “G” Ward, Vi acknowledges the hardships that come from the streets. With up-and-coming singers Britney & Risque on the chorus, Vi pleads with the listener to accept him for what he is: a product of his environment. Expect more street-savvy rhymes on Supposed 2 Be, set to hit streets soon.
Written by Carly on 09/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Chi" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.