Not glimpsed on our front page since November of last year, when he lent his vocals to DJ Spinatik‘s Came From Nothin, Def Jam crooner Verse Simmonds returns to kick off his 2014 with the official remix of Sexy Body, a jam off 2013 mixtape Circa ‘96. Whereas the original (non-featured) version of the cut was a personal message from the Virgin Islands-repping crooner to a certain alluring shawty, this version finds him joined by two fellow admirers of the woman in question. RCA/Alumni hitmaker Kid Ink jumps on Mel & Mus‘s instrumental, an airy flip of LL Cool J‘s Doin’ It, to deliver a lustful opening 16, and My Queen singer/songwriter Eric Bellinger takes over on the final verse. Simmonds doesn’t currently have any projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on the Booth fave’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.