Not glimpsed on our front page since November of last year, when he lent his vocals to DJ Spinatik‘s Came From Nothin, Def Jam crooner Verse Simmonds returns to kick off his 2014 with the official remix of Sexy Body, a jam off 2013 mixtape Circa ‘96. Whereas the original (non-featured) version of the cut was a personal message from the Virgin Islands-repping crooner to a certain alluring shawty, this version finds him joined by two fellow admirers of the woman in question. RCA/Alumni hitmaker Kid Ink jumps on Mel & Mus‘s instrumental, an airy flip of LL Cool J‘s Doin’ It, to deliver a lustful opening 16, and My Queen singer/songwriter Eric Bellinger takes over on the final verse. Simmonds doesn’t currently have any projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on the Booth fave’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.