Not glimpsed on our front page since November of last year, when he lent his vocals to DJ Spinatik‘s Came From Nothin, Def Jam crooner Verse Simmonds returns to kick off his 2014 with the official remix of Sexy Body, a jam off 2013 mixtape Circa ‘96. Whereas the original (non-featured) version of the cut was a personal message from the Virgin Islands-repping crooner to a certain alluring shawty, this version finds him joined by two fellow admirers of the woman in question. RCA/Alumni hitmaker Kid Ink jumps on Mel & Mus‘s instrumental, an airy flip of LL Cool J‘s Doin’ It, to deliver a lustful opening 16, and My Queen singer/songwriter Eric Bellinger takes over on the final verse. Simmonds doesn’t currently have any projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on the Booth fave’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)