I know what you’re thinking: it’s not a stretch to imagine the sexually-preoccupied Verse Simmonds nicknaming his Johnson, but referring to it as a “Ms.?” That’s just plain weird. OK, I was probably the only one thinking that – in truth, Miss Johnson (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) isn’t dedicated to the artist’s junk (though thinking about the chorus that way makes my inner third-grader crack up), but to one of the Virgin Islands-bred singer/emcee’s many female companions. Over the smooth bass and delicate piano chords of Reign, the Booth regular pays tribute to a chick who turns him on more than all the rest – especially when she puts on a certain catsuit and performs for the camera. It isn’t until they start drifting apart, though, that Simmonds realizes just how much he cares about her; though “new p*ssy keep knocking at [his] door,” the distance between them shakes Simmonds into realizing how much it would hurt to lose her. Since the cut ends on a cliffhanger, we may never know how it all works out. One thing’s for sure, though: those craving more smooth tales of modern love (and lust) will find what they seek on Sex Tape Chronicles 2, set to drop April 9.
Written by richard on 03/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.