Like “no offense but…”, the always popular, “I’m just sayin…” can be used to excuse even the most inflammatory statement: “No offense but, your mom’s a whore. I’m just saying.” Apparently that magical phrase works in the Virgin Islands as well, because Caribbean crooner Verse Simmonds uses it to smooth over things with his girlfriend (he’s cheating on her), the haters (he doesn’t like ‘em) and for good measure, anyone and everyone who stands in his way on his new single I’m Just Saying. Contrary to their name, producers The Beatknockas craft a smooth beat for Verse to sing some defiant, though not particularly eloquent, lines over, and although entertaining, the final product isn’t something I’ll be in a rush to listen to again. Hey, I’m just sayin. Verse’s debut album Stories of a Bachelor, which I’m assuming will be far more exciting than my life as a bachelor (it was a lot of PB & J sandwiches for dinner), still has no set release date, though a hit single will certainly speed things along. Could I’m Just Saying be that hit? What say you Booth nation?
Written by Nathan S. on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.