Like “no offense but…”, the always popular, “I’m just sayin…” can be used to excuse even the most inflammatory statement: “No offense but, your mom’s a whore. I’m just saying.” Apparently that magical phrase works in the Virgin Islands as well, because Caribbean crooner Verse Simmonds uses it to smooth over things with his girlfriend (he’s cheating on her), the haters (he doesn’t like ‘em) and for good measure, anyone and everyone who stands in his way on his new single I’m Just Saying. Contrary to their name, producers The Beatknockas craft a smooth beat for Verse to sing some defiant, though not particularly eloquent, lines over, and although entertaining, the final product isn’t something I’ll be in a rush to listen to again. Hey, I’m just sayin. Verse’s debut album Stories of a Bachelor, which I’m assuming will be far more exciting than my life as a bachelor (it was a lot of PB & J sandwiches for dinner), still has no set release date, though a hit single will certainly speed things along. Could I’m Just Saying be that hit? What say you Booth nation?
Written by Nathan S. on 06/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.