Like “no offense but…”, the always popular, “I’m just sayin…” can be used to excuse even the most inflammatory statement: “No offense but, your mom’s a whore. I’m just saying.” Apparently that magical phrase works in the Virgin Islands as well, because Caribbean crooner Verse Simmonds uses it to smooth over things with his girlfriend (he’s cheating on her), the haters (he doesn’t like ‘em) and for good measure, anyone and everyone who stands in his way on his new single I’m Just Saying. Contrary to their name, producers The Beatknockas craft a smooth beat for Verse to sing some defiant, though not particularly eloquent, lines over, and although entertaining, the final product isn’t something I’ll be in a rush to listen to again. Hey, I’m just sayin. Verse’s debut album Stories of a Bachelor, which I’m assuming will be far more exciting than my life as a bachelor (it was a lot of PB & J sandwiches for dinner), still has no set release date, though a hit single will certainly speed things along. Could I’m Just Saying be that hit? What say you Booth nation?
Written by Nathan S. on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Winein It ft. Da Spokesman (of Rock City)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.